description

Ships, Planes, Trains and River boats taking us through Asia, Middle East, Africa, Baltic, England, Paris and Amsterdam through to Budapest...

Saturday, March 29, 2014

10 Breakfast, Lunch and a Steakhouse Dinner

The food on the ship has been top notch so far .... well to the standards we have experience on the Dawn Princess anyway.... I swear even the eggs taste better, you toast your own bread so you take it away warm and fresh....

Today we had a Cruise Critic lunch scheduled.... Carlos and our Chef organised it so that we had a special pasta cooked for us.... it was devine , a tomato and chilli based sauce with prawns ..... I could have gone another plate but I was looking forward to the paella from the menu...... in hindsight I wished I had another plate full of pasta....

Then it if that was not enough we had arranged to have dinner in the steak house with our friends Ron and Edie... we knew we would be missing a formal not .... but what I didn’t realise was that I was going to miss out on Lobster night .....

I was heading up there all gun ho about getting the wait staff to run down and bring me a lobster tail for my entree.... we that was until I saw the Menu.....  OMG Princess why can’t we have this menu on our Aussiefied ships....

Prawns, carpaccio, scallops or lobster cakes for appetisers.... a Black and Blue onion soup that Edie assures me is to die for.... Finally a nice fresh salad WITH avocado......

No chicken here as an alternative...... Grilled Tiger prawns in whiskey and Chilli ( my entree ) or pan roasted sea bass,,,

And the meat not even I could resist.... the usual cuts  but with add rack of lamb or pork chops....

Baked, French fried or mash potato’s, asparagus, spinach and mushrooms

All topped off with 4 different desserts.....  I can’t believe I am saying this.... but I can’t wait to go back...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment