description

Ships, Planes, Trains and River boats taking us through Asia, Middle East, Africa, Baltic, England, Paris and Amsterdam through to Budapest...

Friday, June 20, 2014

66 England - Looe

Another village, more seaside and time for another pasty.  Have I mentioned about parking in the UK..... Well if you are driving around and planning to visit a lot of villages, travel with a pocket full of coin.  It is definitely user pays and every time we parked the car the first thing you did was find the machine and get your ticket.

It was here I found out why there are signs everywhere about not feeding the seagulls.... innocently I walked along the water front enjoying my pasty when suddenly from behind I feel something whizz past my ear and make a grab for the pastry still in my hand... Not sure what it was and not giving my food up without a fight ... I realised it was a very cheeky seagull... have we mentioned how big these seagulls are!!.  Being more on guard, this seagull followed me down along the water front looking for any opportunity to have another go...   In the end I won!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Despite reading the signs about not feeding the seagulls, that same giant seagull in Looe tried to get away with my icecream.
    Not one to give away a delicious clotted cream icecream, I went back to the shop and asked would it matter if the seagull left a slight claw mark on my icecream. The shopkeeper was horrified at the thought, tossed my icecream in the bin, and gave me another one. Like you, I won the next round!
    Loving your visit to England.

    ReplyDelete